Saturday 9 November 2013

Somewhere, along the way, I got lost.

Time to take a serious look at my life.... Something isn't sitting right - Why? What needs to change?

My life in general, whilst it could be better, could also be worse. I have a husband who I love and who loves me; we don't have our own home  (we live with my parents in their home) but we have a roof over our heads none-the-less; I am the mother to 2 very beautiful cats, Tank & Lilith; I have a career, which is both challenging and for the most part satisfying and a job. The job side of things in increasingly giving me more and more stress as time goes on but I have a job.
I have issues with my weight, with anxiety, with depression.....these issues haunt me to varying degrees each day but for the most part, I cope.  

What I feel is missing is music. 

Music played a really important part in my late teenage years. There were bands, albums & songs that I felt spoke directly to me, without music in my life during those difficult years, I don't know how I would have coped. Music then gave me an escape, an identity, an understanding and an inspiration. I've somehow, somewhere, along the way, lost this. 

I've lost the escape, identity, understanding and inspiration that was once so very important to me.  And I plan to find it again.

It shocks me to think that the only times I now listen to music is driving in the car. Its always the same tracks over and over again, sticking with the familiar. More recently though its been Radio 2 in the morning on the drive into work - Chris Evans Breakfast Show (it has minimum 'popular; music) and Radio 4 (including the Archers!!!! but again it plays minimum music) on the drive home. How did this happen? I once knew everything that was happening in the scene! I could tell you who was who, which bands were touring.....now I don't know which bands still exist from those days, what new bands have arrived on the scene and what I want to listen too! 

My current plan is to revisit, one by one, all the bands that were so important to me. Along the way I'm hoping to find what I'm looking for. I'm also hoping to stumble on new bands, new ideas and maybe even to lay to rest some demons that haunt me.    

No comments:

Post a Comment