Saturday 9 November 2013

KoЯn



One of the first bands I really begun to follow was Korn. I remember playing Korns' self titled album over and over again in my bedroom. Its hard to believe that this album was released back in 1994!!!! 
Its somewhat harder for me to understand how I'm still living in that same bedroom and seeing how life has changed since then. 
Back then the walls were painted black, the carpet was black, I was an angry and scared young teenager struggling with growing up. Now - the walls are magnolia, the laminate flooring is practical. I'm less angry (though this appears to fluctuate) and whilst I wouldn't say I'm scared, I have fears, both justified and illogical. I;m still struggling with growing up.

My husband recently pointed out that I still wear my green Korn hoodie! That hoodie must be at least 15 years old! The front pocket is hanging on for dear life but its still comfy. 

I've been sat here at my desk creating this blog listening to Korn (so far I've covered Korn, Life is Peachy, Follow the Leader and playing now is Issues). It feels good to catch myself rocking my head in time to the beat again. Korn, for me, began to fade into the background sometime between Issues and Untouchables. I don't recall that it was due no longer liking their sound or direction. 
Time wise it would have been 1999-2002. I know for sure that my CD player became occupied by The Fragile (Nine Inch Nails) during the year of 1999!  

Im now going to wipe an ipod, start from fresh, go back to my roots, re-establish the faith that I once found in music. 
This week is Korn week. 

 A child hop-scotching off a cliff and a gathering of kids waiting to follow.File:Korn - See You on the Other Side.jpgFile:Paradigm-shift-e1374855234732.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment