Sunday 17 November 2013

Getting back on the saddle



So its been a busy week for my ears re-acquainting themselves with earphone. I had truly forgotten how being plugged into an ipod (although it was a walkman and then a minidisc player in previous times) immediately surrounds you in a cocoon of your chosen sound and installs a barrier between you and the rest of the world. I become switched off from my surroundings, not hearing a sound outside my head. 
This last week was Korn week and although I immediately recognised the earlier albums as old friends, one week is not long enough to become innately familiar with all the albums and so i feel reluctant to comment on my thoughts of all 10 albums so that will come another time. 


During the week I also read 'Save Me From Myself' written by Head and am currently half way through reading Fieldy' book 'Got The Life' both give an insight into the early years of the band but safe to say that the undertone of being saved by God does nothing to inspire me to pick up a bible and start reading verses! 

I have decided to create a play list and add 1 song from each album as I go on this journey. 
I need more time to complete my Korn choices for albums 'untitled' through to 'The Paradigm Shift' but so far I have....
Faget (Korn), No Place to Hide (Life is Peachy), Got the Life (Follow the Leader), Dirty (Issues), Hollow Life (Untouchables), Counting on Me (Take a Look In The Mirror) and Tearjerker (See you on the Other Side).   



The next band on my list was going Deftones and I count Deftones as one of my favourite bands. However I have had a change of plan..... 

Steve and I have tickets to see American Head Charge in Southampton on this coming Saturday and so it makes sense to load up the ipod with head charge. Having just the 3 albums may also give me some more time to keep catching up with Korn?




    

No comments:

Post a Comment